Sunday, February 18, 2007

Music to have chemo by

Went in to the Sussex Cancer Centre for my next dose of Oxaliplatin the other week. Part of the ritual is to have a cup of tea and a packet of cheese and onion crinkly mini cheddars from the WRVS teabar. This happily reminds me of tea breaks at work and prepares me nutritionally for my drug. Yes, it does.
PP and I had a good crack at the Guardian quick (or not so quick) crossword (an idea poached from M who did the same thing with her partner when she had chemo). I have also discovered that there is some music which is particularly suitable for listening to whilst my arm slowly starts to hurt more and I slip into nausea and fuzzyheadedness. Here is a list of 'Music to have chemo by'. If you ever have to have chemo, I recommend:

Babe you turn me on (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)
I heard you looking (Yo La Tengo)
Jackson (Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood)
No scrubs (TLC)
My mistake (Chimp)
Movies of Myself and Crumb by Crumb (Rufus Wainwright)
Neighbourhood # 1 (Arcade Fire)
Girlfriend in a coma (The Smiths) (a bit dark...)
You should know (Assistant)
Don't steal our sun (The Thrills)
Messiah ward (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) (also dark)
Sunshowers (M.I.A.)
By the end of the infusion I feel sick and woosy, so gingerbreadmen, mint humbugs and hot chocolate does the trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home