Tuesday, January 16, 2007

hammer time

Yesterday evening I went to my first metal jewellery class. I almost didn't make it cos I was feeling very tired. PP convinced me to pop along, at least for a little while, and I'm glad he did because I had a brilliant time. The tutor is excellent, and the group is small enough for us to all get a lot of individual attention. It was really fun annealing (blow-torching), quenching, hammering (the room sounded like a Stomp rehearsal), measuring, cutting, filing, bending and pickling (yes, pickling... using 'safety pickle' to clean the metal of dark oxides and grime from heating and handling). I've almost finished my first ever silver ring! I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to all the sessions, but my aim is to at least finish this one piece in ten weeks. Here it is:

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 4:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey matelow!!! glad to see that you restarted to blog!!! hehe! cool!

 
At 5:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Myyyyyyyyyy precious!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home